- Why Portugal?
- Portuguese footwear exports soar in April as the industry continues its path of recovery and is already on positive ground. This year, exports grew by 121% when compared to the same month of the previous year.
- In the accumulated result for the year, Portugal exported 22 million pairs, with a total value of 497 million euros, an increase of 4.3%.
- Portugal currently exports more than 95% of its footwear production to 163 countries across the five continents. In the first four months of the year, Europe was the main driver of the dynamic of the sector, with a growth of 6.8% to 413 million euros. Noteworthy growth in Germany (up by 40% to 123 million euros) and the Netherlands (up by 8.3% to 70 million euros).
- Portugal ranks second in shoe manufacturing in the European Union, with all products manufactured in small and medium-sized enterprises.
- Portugal is the country with the largest market share, giving direction to the shoe fashion industry after Italy.